So Many Changes
1. Have you seen our updated/repainted classroom space yet? I adore the new color and warmth that it brings. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.
2. I also got rid of the horrid rack of floss, and relocated the floss to a nice silver chest. Much more suited to Kitschy Stitch.
3. I relocated most of the needles to the table in front of the fireplace. I didn't really do it just to trick you. Honest.
4. In place of where most of the needles were is now an area of hand-dyed yarns; some even from right here in our kitchen.
5. The cottons have been temporarily relocated to their own area while we enjoy fall and winter yarns. They're still on the floor, just all in one place now.
6. Classes will be posted a month in advance on the blog, and on a calendar flyer that you may take home with you. Calendars will be available starting this Wednesday. Please make sure to sign up early so the instructor may plan accordingly.
7. All "Children" yarns are now grouped together in one of two places - either in the pink cubbies under the hand-dyed yarns, or in the 2 hall closets where the Encore has always been.
8. Orphan yarns are now in a big basket on the rocking chair by the work table. These are yarns which either I've decided to stop carrying, or yarns which are the last 1 or 2 of their dye lot. They're marked with a discounted price.
9. Pretty soon, I'll have a website up. I'll keep you posted!
10. I think it's about time for a new KAL. Anyone have suggestions?
Monday, August 30, 2010
So Many Changes
Thursday, August 19, 2010
I know it's been silent here for far too long. Now that the computer is back in working order, the camera can upload photos, the shop's re-organized, and O's through all his medical appointments, I'll be blogging back on my regular schudule.
Even though it's been quiet here, we've been super busy, and I can't wait to share with you all the knitting, new stock, organization, and classes we have on the horizon.
You may have noticed in the Cape Gazette that we have a new ad featuring local hand-dyed yarns. What you may or may not have noticed, is that some of those yarns are dyed right here in our kitchen. :) Most of my colors are made with close attention to allowing designs and cables to still show nicely with the varigation. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
I hope you're all well.